If I get married, can I get financial aid from the government if I’m not a student?

I am not a student, and don’t plan on going back to school. However, I was wondering if I can get free money from the government just for getting married?

No. As a married individual you are able to file as independent on the FAFSA (meaning any parent info does not need to be put on the form, making it more likely you will get financial aid), but this money will only be available to you if you are enrolled in classes. I think you may have just misunderstood what being married meant in terms of financial aid.